Re: Link to sata drives fail randomly

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 17:21:29 EST

LCID Fire wrote:
First of - I have a Asus P5K WS where I'm running (or actually trying) a raid10 based on 4 sata drives. All drives are connected to esata slot panels which connect to the mainboard ports.
The problem I'm encountering is the links to random drives fail every week or so.
The strange thing is - the link is often failing for 2 drives at a time - which is the best when running a raid10 *sarcasm*
The drives are WD, Samsung and Hitachi - so I think some specific driver failure can be ruled out.
I attached the dmesg - perhaps someone could tell me which component is responsible for my drives losing their link.

Looks like a flaky cable, or bad connector.

Jeff