Re: 2.6.29 regression: left audio channel broken after resume from suspend with Intel HDA

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 10:41:37 EST

At Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:21:13 +0200,
Tino Keitel wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 16:01:40 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > The codec communication looks a bit unstable on this device...
> > Does this still happen on the latest 2.6.30 version?
>
> Yes, at least with 2.6.30-rc3. I reloaded snd-hda-intel a few times,
> and at some point /etc/init.d/alsa-utils start complained, I guess
> because some index numbers in the mixer changed.

And this happens because the codec doesn't respond properly any more.
So, something triggers to screw up the communication with the codec.
I have no idea right now. Possibly you can bisect the changes against
sound/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c...

> Attached is an example diff.

This diff looks OK. The difference is just the current PCM stream
you are playing. Others are identical.

thanks,

Takashi