Re: USE_ELF_CORE_DUMP?

From: Michal Simek
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 03:17:42 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Currently all architectures but microblaze unconditionally define
> USE_ELF_CORE_DUMP. The microblaze ommision seems like an error to
> me, so can we just kill this ifdef and make sure we are the same
> everywhere?

Where did you find it?
I haven't seen in in mainline (noMMU kernel). It is in my MMU patches
which I want to send for review soon.

For noMMU I use CONFIG_BINFMT_FLAT (binfmt_flat.c) where I don't need
USE_ELF_CORE_DUMP
For MMU I use CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF (binfmt_elf.c) where USE_ELF_CORE_DUMP
make sense to me.

Can you give me some clue what you are trying to fix?

Thanks,
Michal

> --

Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
PetaLogix - Linux Solutions for a Reconfigurable World
w: www.petalogix.com p: +61-7-30090663,+42-0-721842854 f: +61-7-30090663