Re: USB storage no-boot regression (bisected)

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 13:34:28 EST

> Saying that we were "lucky" that things worked before is no help and
> you should be aware that it ticks people off.

No doubt those who wrote the code and never expected that timing to
reliably work will take affront at those who blame them for it not
working. Those who expected it to work and never knew it was not
guaranteed will feel likewise in reverse.

The real questions are should it be fixed and is dumping the problem on
the initrd the right answer. The concensus appears to yes and no.

The console one is less clear but if we are doing one we should probably
do both.

Alan