Kconfig Q: expressing a modularity dependency

From: Tilman Schmidt
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 10:02:20 EST

My current attempts to port the Gigaset driver from isdn4linux
to CAPI require the following Kconfig dependency:

- If isdn4linux or kernelcapi or both are built as a module
(CONFIG_ISDN_I4L=m || CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI=m)
then gigaset can only be built as a module
(CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_GIGASET depends on m).

- If neither isdn4linux nor kernelcapi ar built as a module
(CONFIG_ISDN_I4L!=m && CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI!=m),
including the case that neither is being built at all
(CONFIG_ISDN_I4L=n && CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI=n),
then gigaset may be built statically or as a module
(all three tristate settings for CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_GIGASET are
legal).

How is that best expressed in Kconfig?

Thanks,
Tilman