Re: 2.6.30-rc1 A few issues and a stall

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 08:39:23 EST

Ed Tomlinson wrote:
On Tuesday 14 April 2009 06:03:58 Avi Kivity wrote:
Ed Tomlinson wrote:
Once the above networking stuff is setup I start kvm with the command below

QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa kvm -m 1024 -cdrom /mnt/sdc4/divx/archlinux-2009.02-ftp-i686.iso -boot c -smp 3 -usb -usbdevice tablet -vga std -drive file=arch.img -net nic,macaddr=52:54:00:12:34:23 -net tap,ifname=qtap0,script=no -soundhw all -mem-path /hugepages

which works and the kvm session boots just fine.

Issue 2. When I attempt to ping outside the kvm session the pc (not just the kvm session) hangs.
Its impossible to kill the kvm session and there are numerious info messages from RCU (tree RCU enabled)
about stalls.
The rcu messages are likely because a processor has died.

Do things work if you drop -mem-path?

It makes no difference. I did notice that one cpu is peged at 100% though. I'll be trying
CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING tonight for another problem - might give interesting results.

Oh, so this goes away without CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING?

signature is too narrow to contain.