BUG in tty_open when using containers and ptrace

From: MÃshe van der Sterre
Date: Sun Apr 12 2009 - 09:51:43 EST

Hello,

I am working on the lxc userspace tools, and got this BUG a couple of
times.
Here are the reports:

http://moshe.nl/tty-bugshot1.png
http://moshe.nl/tty-bugshot2.png

I am running 2.6.29.1 from kernel.org in a virtual machine under kvm.
I have not been able to reliably reproduce it, but it happens only after
the container is setup and ptrace is active on lxc-start.
I think the first screen shot is while all ttys where allowed in
cgroup.devices, the second one while only tty1 was allowed.

Greetings,
MÃshe van der Sterre