Re: Problem with kvm on -tip

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 07:58:42 EST

* Luis Henriques <henrix@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I am not sure if this problem has already been reported, here it goes.
>
> My log gets the following messages in -tip tree. I don't know for
> how long this issue is around and whether the problem is on
> lockdep or on kvm. After the first lockdep message, I get a huge
> amount of BUGs from kvm (which stop only when I kill kvm). So, I
> believe issue is on kvm.

Jeremy, have you considered (and tested) KVM when doing the MMU/CPU
notifier changes? It's these changes:

224101e: x86/paravirt: finish change from lazy cpu to context switch start/end
b407fc5: x86/paravirt: flush pending mmu updates on context switch
7fd7d83: x86/pvops: replace arch_enter_lazy_cpu_mode with arch_start_context_switch

Ingo