Re: intel-iommu: Add for_each_iommu() and for_each_active_iommu()macros

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 07:01:20 EST

* David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 17:59 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > Three days old? Never been in linux-next afaict.
> >
> > Please don't do that.
>
> Sorry about that. There was some confusion about whether it was
> going via Ingo's or my tree, and it ended up in neither. It
> depended on certain things in Ingo's tree, so I couldn't easily
> add it to my tree any earlier.

Well, they could have ended up in the x86 tree or in the IOMMU tree,
but the patches were all very late and went through various review
rounds with me so they had no chance to end up there in a finished
state before the merge window.

I didnt mind you pushing them to Linus separately and gave an
Acked-by for the bits and for that merge route, but all the usual
protocols still have to be followed if you do that: review, testing,
proper exposure.

Ingo