Re: [patch] slub: default min_partial to at least highest cpus per node

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 16:52:48 EST

Christoph Lameter wrote:
I am not sure about the benefit of this. If the page allocator finally
improves in performance then we can reduce the mininum number of partial
slabs kept and also do pass through for all sizes >2k.

Sure, we can do that, but it still makes sense to adjust the partial list sizes based on per-node CPU count. So I'm inclined to apply the patch I suggested if it shows performance gains on one or more of the relevant benchmarks (sysbench, tbench, hackbench, netperf, etc.).