Re: [patch] slub: default min_partial to at least highest cpus per node

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 16:40:19 EST

David Rientjes wrote:
On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Pekka Enberg wrote:

If you think that's acceptable, I'd be just as satisfied with that approach
as long as all archs have valid cpu_to_node() mappings at the time of
CPU_UP_PREPARE.
Well, that doesn't change the current behavior, so sure, I think it's
acceptable. And if the new defaults seem reasonable enough, we can probably
get rid of the tunable altogether.

I'd like to remove MAX_PARTIAL and replace it with nr_cpu_ids.

Yeah, something more dynamic makes sense. But we probably need to do ilog2(nr_cpu_ids) or something; otherwise we will have very long partial lists on big iron machines (think 4096 cpus here).