Re: [Announce] 2.6.29.1-rt4

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 12:51:46 EST

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 21:54 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > > Hmm. Can you upload your full patch queue and the binary rpm so I can
> > > give it a test ride ?
> >
> > Sure, no problem. I just did a release to planetcore-testing repo (with
> > a warning to the planetccrma list), you can find it here:
> >
> > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/i386/repoview/index.html
> > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/x86_64/repoview/index.html
> >
> > (the one I have tested and hangs is the i386 PAE version)
> > Source here:
> >
> > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/SRPMS/
> >
> > (if you don't want to figure out the .src.rpm - I would not blame you -
> > I can give you a list of the patches that were actually applied - of the
> > ones that are included in the package)
>
> No problem. I know how to distangle those beasts.
>
> Still I have no reproducer yet. One of my 32bit test machines survived
> a 200 cycle test w/o showing it.

Arghh, I don't know what it could be then. You mean 200 power cycles??
Wow... it only takes one here. Thanks for testing.

> Is there anything special what you run, load ... ?

Not that I can think of right now. This happens on 32 bit installs on
both Fedora 9 and Fedora 10. Nothing special installed, of course I have
the Planet CCRMA packages but they don't involve additional kernel
modules or anything that (I think) deals with startup or shutdown.

> Looks like I need to add a 32bit install to my T61 in the hope to
> reproduce.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Additional installs, argh (BTW, I won't be
reading email for at least a week, of to LAC2009 tomorrow with a week of
R&R before - please keep cc'ing me on rt stuff).

Thanks!!!
-- Fernando