Re: ath9k becon loss messages

From: John W. Linville
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 10:01:03 EST

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:54:35AM +0300, Kalle Valo wrote:
> "John W. Linville" <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 06:18:56PM +0300, Kalle Valo wrote:
> >
> >> When I'm able to implement the proper fix, I think it should first have
> >> proper testing in wireles-testing before pushing it to mainline. So
> >> maybe the proper fix is 2.6.31 material, just to be on the safe side
> >> here.
> >>
> >> John, what do you think?
> >
> > It depends on what the proper fix looks like, but basically anything
> > posted in the last week and thereafter is already 2.6.31 material
> > unless it is a specific bug fix for what is already in Linus' kernel.
>
> Ok, that settles it then. Because this bug has been in mac80211 for ages
> we can wait for 2.6.31.
>
> But do you take Michael's patch[1] for disabling the "beacon loss"
> message for 2.6.30? I think we should have it in 2.6.30, otherwise we
> will get quite a lot of bug reports. Do you want me to resend it?
>
> [1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=123892431619630&w=2

I'll make a note of it.

I took a couple of days off last week and have been poking at other
things, so I'm a bit behind on the merging. If you don't see it in
another week or so then poke me again?

Thanks,

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx might be all we have. Be ready.