Re: [GIT PULL] block updates for 2.6.30-rc1

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 07:49:35 EST

On Tue, Apr 07 2009, Alexander Beregalov wrote:
> 2009/4/7 Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi Linus,
> >
> > This is the collected set of small updates in the block area, as well as
> > the CFQ update you tested yesterday. It's essentially the same, but
> > allows for a bit more queuing for a solitary IO issuer. If it ends up
> > interferring too much with new IO, I'll augment that check with a time
> > based one as well. Looks good here, though.
> >
> > There's also a fix for a long standing CFQ problem that caused slowdowns
> > with CFQ on streamed IO due to CFQ being too eager to restart IO
> > queuing.
> >
> >  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block.git for-linus
> >

> Hi Jens
>
> I sent you a fix for loop device.
> http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/15763/

I missed that the thread had the loop fix as well. I've included it now,
looks fine to me. Linus, the new diffstat is now:

Dumentation/blockdev/00-INDEX | 2
Documentation/blockdev/mflash.txt | 84 ++
block/blk-core.c | 15
block/blk-merge.c | 29
block/blk-sysfs.c | 4
block/blk.h | 14
block/cfq-iosched.c | 202 +++---
block/elevator.c | 42 -
drivers/block/Kconfig | 17
drivers/block/Makefile | 1
drivers/block/cciss.c | 117 +++
drivers/block/cciss.h | 2
drivers/block/cciss_cmd.h | 23
drivers/block/loop.c | 7
drivers/block/mg_disk.c | 1005 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/blkdev.h | 2
include/linux/elevator.h | 1
include/linux/mg_disk.h | 206 ++++++

Jens Axboe