Re: Off topic: Numactl "distance" wrong

From: KOSAKI Motohiro
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 22:53:25 EST

> That's not enough. You would need to redo all the zone fallback tables
> in the VM that are initialized based on topology, do new scheduler
> topologies and all kind of other stuff.

I think this is very good viewpoint.

The rebuilding zone fallback table and scheduler topologies need to add
new lock.

Oh well, who need memory and scheduler performance regression?
Then, its /sys interface isn't so useful.

I don't think the manual setting of node distance improve
opteron's (or another small machine) performance.