Re: 2.6.27.19 + 28.7: network timeouts for r8169 and 8139too

From: Michael Buesch
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 14:03:02 EST

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 12:40:18 Rui Santos wrote:
> Francois Romieu wrote:
> > Can you see if one of the attached patches or a combination of them
> > makes a difference for the current (-git) kernel ?
> >

> I've concluded the tests. Unfortunately, the problem still remains.
> However, with both, and only both patches applied, the connection speed
> was higher and took longer, a lot longer to reproduce the problem but,
> it did.

I'm currently testing 2.6.29.1 without any additional patches but
with the pci=nomsi boot option.

I didn't notice any hickups, yet. I'm running a stresstest on a GBit link for quite
some time now. Earlier tests with older kernels and MSI burped earlier.

I will do more testing. If it turns out this is stable I will test the same kernel
with Message Signaled Interrupts to see if that causes some breakage.

--
Greetings, Michael.