Re: [Announce] 2.6.29.1-rt4

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Date: Fri Apr 03 2009 - 19:03:54 EST

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 19:21 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the next update to our new preempt-rt
> series.
>
> - rebased to 2.6.29.1
>
> - powerpc64 tlb rework fix by Peter

Thanks for cc'ing me...

Just a heads up. I'm still having shutdown/suspend problems with this
release as before (I had not reported the suspend problem, I think -
machine hangs and has to be power cycled). Booting with "noreplace-smp"
fixes both. Is this something I could disable through configuration
options?

I was also seeing a hard hang when running a java program (with the
Fedora 10 open source java) - the swingosc gui component of
SuperCollider 3 (a computer music synthesis program). Impossible to know
what had failed, machine completely catatonic and nothing left on the
logs.

I managed to start the same program _once_ (have not tested again) with
2.6.29.1/rt4 + some patches & config from fc10' koji 2.6.29.1-15. The
mouse seemed to pause a couple of times and then I killed the program.
Restarting it again was successful. Sorry to not have more hard info...

-- Fernando