Re: Off topic: Numactl "distance" wrong

From: David Rientjes
Date: Fri Apr 03 2009 - 17:52:41 EST

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Yinghai Lu wrote:

> acpi_numa_slit_init() in srat_64.c will have one copy (called
> acpi_slit) of SLIT, if there is SLIT from ACPI.
>
> so if numa is enabled, could expose that acpi_slit via sysfs for the
> user to update it.

Yeah, but in what format do you expect the user to update it? There is no
ACPI requirement that all nodes that have a remote distance of 20 to node
0, for instance, are local to themselves.

So you'll have to report the entire physical topology in one write to a
sysfs interface. We don't currently have such a format unless we are to
allow updating of the pxms.