Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [GIT PULL] Xen for 2.6.30 #2

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Fri Apr 03 2009 - 14:32:16 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
Yes, but once dom0 goes in your incentive to fix the native kernel performance drain we accumulated along the years of paravirt layers will be strongly weakened, right? :)

Not at all. There's a pile of performance work that needs to be done, both native and Xen. I've been addressing it in an ad-hoc, time-sliced way so far, but I haven't had the chance to concentrate on it as I'd like to. Once I get all the basic stuff off my plate I'll be able to actually focus.

Besides, its not really the sort of "incentive" that I respond to; I find it demotivating because it carries the presumption that I won't do "the right thing" without some element of coercion. It's not like I don't already do a fair amount of generally beneficial kernel work. If you think I should direct my attention in one direction over another, I'm happy to take suggestions.