Re: EXT4-ish "fixes" in UBIFS

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 20:38:44 EST

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Trenton D. Adams wrote:
> Oh, I should have clarified. It improves performance under heavy
> load. Under normal load, mounting without sync is fine. What I tend
> to do is mount with "remount,rw,sync" when heavy load is starting.

Really? How does mounting with "-o sync" *improve* performance? I am
certainly aware that mounting with "-o sync" has severe performance
impacts, but was proposing it anyway *only* to tackle the data integrity
problem. However, I'm curious if usescaes in the embedded world are
equally affected by this.

> I'm thinking of writing a script that monitors performance, and
> remounts as needed, lol. WHAT A HACK. hehe.

Ugh....my brain hurts :-\

Christian.
--
Bruce Schneier once found three distinct natural number divisors of a prime
number.