Re: make headers_install broken for ARCH=m68k in 2.6.29-rc7.

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 17:59:37 EST

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 09:14:05PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> uClibc's working for me just fine. Either grab the most recent build scripts
> from http://impactlinux.com/hg/firmware or grab the prebuilt binaries from
> http://impactlinux.com/fwl/downloads/snapshots/ (which has cross compilers,
> root filesystem tarballs, and system images bootable by qemu).
>
> I haven't tested m68k yet because qemu doesn't support it (just coldfire), and
> aranym hasn't got a serial console, but it did compile using the same build
> scripts as all the other targets...

Well my uclibc issues using 0.9.30.1 are:

When using msh from busybox compiled with gcc 4.3.3 for m68k-uclinux with
-msep-data -mcpu=5271, only one pipe works. Doing two pipes in a command
gives no output.

ie:
# echo 123 | cat
123

# echo 123 | cat | cat
<nothing here>

Also after each command I get the message "Illegal instruction", even
though the command always did its job. So not sure if this is a bug
in msh of the current busybox release, or a bug in uclibc or gcc or
whichever. Still searching. I intend to try out sash soon to see if
it behaves any differently.

--
Len Sorensen