Re: mutex_lock_slowpath warning using mxser tty driver(input/output error)

From: Christophe Lermytte
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 17:43:17 EST

> > It appears to want to lock a mutex in interrupt context, something
> > that's a definite no-no.
> >
> > CCed the folks who might know a thing or two about the driver.

> Moxa is not a USB driver so the USB trace at the end makes no sense at
> all.

Well, it's not that I faked the traces ;-)

During the first cat, I can see the data transmitted by the device, so I guess the kernel warning is not really blocking for me at this point.

What is blocking, is the fact that I can only do it once, before I get the input/output error. I found a post about this ( http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/24/269 ) and the patch seems to have made it into 2.6.29. Still having a similar issue though...

Regards,
Christophe L.