Re: [tip:irq/genirq] genirq: do not execute DEBUG_SHIRQ when irqsetup failed

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 12:10:31 EST

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:

> > > What is this ?
> >
> > You looking at the wrong place.
> >
> > > There is no retval:
> > >
> > > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-tip.git;a=blob;f=kernel/irq/manage.c;h=a3eb7baf1e46f2c735edb4cc44e0386cfbc4989e;hb=HEAD
> >
> > Care to read patches you want to comment on carefully _BEFORE_ you
> > start yelling at people and sending useless copies of the wrong
> > function around the world.
> >
> > The patch is perfectly fine and already applied.
> >

> Yes, I know somehow you applied it. When you will merge this branch with
> -tip/master then you will understand what I am saying.

Jaswinder. I really start to get annoyed.

That patch applies fine on master as well.

> Even function name is changed from:
>
> 713 int request_irq(unsigned int irq, irq_handler_t handler,
>
> 857 int request_threaded_irq(unsigned int irq, irq_handler_t handler,

And why is this fcking relevant ?

Take the patch and try to apply it. It applies perfectly fine on
tip/master. And it is still _CORRECT_ there.

If you don't know how to read a patch and don't know the code it
applies to then taking it and applying it is the minimum you could do
before wasting everybodys time.

Stop this nonsense before I get really grumpy,

tglx