Re: Linux 2.6.29

From: Mark Lord
Date: Wed Apr 01 2009 - 14:34:51 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Ric Wheeler wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:
Jens Axboe wrote:
..
IMO we could look at this too, or perhaps come up with an alternate proposal like FLUSH CACHE RANGE(s).

I agree that it is worth getting better mechanisms in place - the cache flush is really primitive. Now we just need a victim to sit in on T13/T10 standards meetings :-)

Heck, we could even do a prototype implementation with the help of Mark Lord's sata_mv target mode support...
..

Speaking of which.. you probably won't see the preliminary rev
of sata_mv + target_mode until sometime this weekend.

It's going to be something quite simple for 2.6.30,
and we can expand on that in later kernels.

Cheers