Re: 2.6.29-rc8: Reported regressions from 2.6.28

From: Jeff Chua
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 23:26:06 EST

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've tracked down to the sequence of iwconfig that causes it to fail.

> This loop only works 8 of 10 times with/without the patch.
>        iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed essid xxx key restricted xxx
>        iwconfig wlan0 ap auto channel auto  # auto outside loop
>        for((i = 0; i < 5; i++))
>        do
>                iwconfig wlan0 | grep -q "Not-Associated"
>                [ $? -ne 0 ] && break
>                echo ".\c"
>                sleep 1
>        done

I've modified it a little, and now it works 100% without patch, by
using "iwlist scan" instead of "sleep 1" ...
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed essid xxx key restricted xxx
iwconfig wlan0 ap auto channel auto # auto outside loop
for((i = 0; i < 5; i++))
do
iwlist wlan0 scan >/dev/null #use scan instead of sleep
iwconfig $DEV | grep -q "Access Point: Not-Associated"
[ $? -ne 0 ] && break
echo ".\c"
done

So, this will work for older kernel and well as 2.6.29-rc8.

Rafael, can we close the case? It's the iwconfig sequence that used to
work on 2.6.28-rc3 but now needs to be updated for 2.6.29-rc8.

Thanks,
Jeff.