Re: 2.6.29 acpi regression: acpi_ex_extract_from_field -- div byzero

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 04:09:14 EST

On 16.3.2009 17:31, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 16.3.2009 04:42, Lin Ming wrote:
sometimes, when booting up/resuming from disk, I get an oops[1].

obj_desc->common_field.access_bit_width is zero, but even after the
loop. Division before the loop is apparently OK.

Would please try below debug patch to see which region filed is
accessed?

Yes, except the fact, we wouldn't see anything :) -- I'll add inside the
if a return statement or something to disallow the oops to flood screen.

Also, it doesn't happen regularly. Mostly several first tries after cold
start. I hope this is a regression and not a HW problem, but it emerged
after switching to 2.6.29-*, I will keep you informed.

Hmm, I didn't see it with rc8 and this patch applied so far (no 'ACPI Debug' in dmesg). Also I don't see anything changed within drivers/acpi/ et al. between rc7 and rc8. Maybe the timing changed somewhere else... I'm confused, but keep trying.