Re: 29-rc-mmotm - HID/USB wedge w/ WARNING: at kernel/workqueue.c:371

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 18:02:55 EST

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:54:24 PDT, Andrew Morton said:

> It's an error in workqueue-avoid-recursion-in-run_workqueue.patch, methinks.

Thanks for the diagnosis - I got as far as realizing that any backtrace that
included flush_cpu_workqueue() and worker_thread() had a problem and got
stuck there.

I'm going to throw some printk's into the usb_reset_device() area and related
code, and see if I can figure out why a cooling pad was able to trigger it (was
seeing a hit every 90 mins or so at home, have been up over 7 hours straight
in the office).

I'll let somebody who understands the code better figure out what should be
happening once we get into that reset situation.