No warning on resume with different kernel version

From: Rolf Eike Beer
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 04:29:15 EST

Hi,

I'm sure this had worked before. And since I don't do that on a regular basis,
but only by accident, I have no idea when it stopped working. But with my
2.6.28 kernel and everything more recent I don't get a warning if there is a
suspend image of a different kernel version, but simply the new kernel starts
and throws everything away. Is this a kernel fault or something with the
userspace stuff? Whom to blame for this?

Greetings,

Eike