Re: Dynamically determine if kernel includes CFS Scheduler

From: Darren Hart
Date: Fri Mar 06 2009 - 19:18:00 EST

Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 03:01:14PM -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
So I am of course in agreement with both you and Peter. In this case, the development team of an existing product is trying to move away from heavy use of sched_yield(), and the CFS scheduler provides some

Hmm. The only thing I'll say about checking kernel versions is: do some
tests/checks with the different enterprise distro kernels. I don't think
they tend to do big backports any more but if they have that kernel
version check could become tricky...

Right, excellent point. Regardless of how thing are right now, relying on the kernel revision is a bad idea for this reason.

--
Darren Hart
IBM Linux Technology Center