Re: lguest: unhandled trap 13 in current -rc

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Fri Mar 06 2009 - 06:17:35 EST

Rusty Russell wrote:
On Thursday 05 March 2009 00:42:39 Patrick McHardy wrote:
Patrick McHardy wrote:
When trying to run lguest in the current -rc, I get an "unhandled
trap 13" and it stops. The address resolves to the rdmsr intruction
in native_read_msr_safe(). -rc2 works fine, but I couldn't find
any changes that looks related.

.config is attached, more information available on request.
For the record, this is still broken in -rc7.

(Sorry, I missed the first mail to lkml).

Reproduced on one of my test machines (kvm doesn't show the problem here).

Subject: lguest: fix crash 'unhandled trap 13 at <native_read_msr_safe>'

Thanks Rusty, this fixed the problem for me.

There's a second problem, outgoing network performance using a routed
tap-interface is in the area of 20-30 kbit/second. I noticed this
previously (which is why I wanted to test the latest version), in
-rc2 what still worked was turning TSO/GSO etc. off, this seems to
be without effect in -rc7. I'll have a look at this myself tommorrow
unless someone beats me to it :)