Re: 2.6.27.19 + 28.7: network timeouts for r8169 and 8139too

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 17:40:28 EST

Michael Büker <m.bueker@xxxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> With both 2.6.27.19 and 2.6.28.7, I am experiencing "transmit timed out"
> errors as reported by the netdev watchdog, for both my PCMCIA Ethernet
> adapters, using the r8169 and 8139too drivers respectively.

Can you describe the symptoms a bit more specifically ?

The kernel displays a scary warning, I can guess that it is almost surely
associated with some loss of network connectivity for a few seconds at the
very least but it is a bit hard to figure the real scale of your problem.

Please scare me. :o)

[...]
> as both kernel config files. I'll gladly provide more information as it is
> requested.

lspci -vx and a complete dmesg.

Can you identify a kernel which worked flawlessly ?

--
Ueimor