Re: drop_caches ...

From: Wu Fengguang
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 07:55:31 EST

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 02:38:36PM +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > So you don't have lots of mapped pages(Mapped=51M) or tmpfs files. It's
> > strange to me that there are so many undroppable cached pages(Cached=359M),
> > and most of them lie out of the LRU queue(Active+Inactive file=53M)...
>
> > Anyone have better clues on these 'hidden' pages?
>
> I think he is simply using Intel driver + GEM + UXA = TONS of drm mm objects
> in tmpfs which is 'hidden' unless you have /proc/filecache to see them.

Ah I was about to ask him to try filecache before you and Zdenek kick in.

I was expecting the shm pages to be accounted in /dev/shm, however the
GEM shm pages are allocated from an in-kernel tmpfs mount...

And I noticed in filecache that you are compiling your own
/usr/local/drm/lib/libdrm_intel.so.1.0.0, now I know what are you doing ;-)

Good job, Lukas!

Thanks,
Fengguang