Re: Large amount of scsi-sgpool objects

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 18:49:14 EST

* Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > i picked up a v1 patch from the SCSI list that
> > i reported and which patch was sent to me. I did that in the
> > hope to fix a serious lockup bug that is still unfixed in the
> > upstream kernel
>
> Perhaps you could avoid putting such fixes into published
> merge branches.

Yeah, these commits are in none of the topic branches that are
the git base of development, they are all already in a separate
branch named "tip:out-of-tree". That separate branch carries
assorted fixlets for various bugs we trigger in -tip qa. It
never goes upstream-wards, obviously. It's a bit like the
fixlets portion of -mm.

Ingo