Re: Linux 2.6.29-rc6

From: Jesper Krogh
Date: Sun Mar 01 2009 - 15:13:53 EST

john stultz wrote:
Working (clocksource=tsc) 2.6.26.8
jk@quad03:~$ ntpdc -c kerninfo
pll offset: 0.003208 s
pll frequency: -25.070 ppm
[snip]
Non-working (clocksource=tsc) 2.6.29-rc6
jk@quad12:~$ ntpdc -c kerninfo
pll offset: 0 s
pll frequency: -34.754 ppm

Ok, so it seems ntp hasn't really had a chance to settle down, its only
made a 10ppm adjustment so far. NTPd will stop corrections at ~
+/-500ppm, so you're not at that bound yet, where things would be really
broken.

But I should settle within a "reasonable" period of time? (not hours?).

If the affected kernel isn't resetting in the logs anymore, I'd be
interested in what the new ppm value is.

I keeps resetting after 7 hours .. Is there more information I can provide?

Jesper

--
Jesper