Re: filesystem time stamp resolution

From: Peter Staubach
Date: Fri Feb 27 2009 - 17:23:37 EST

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

Andi Kleen wrote:
One issue is network file systems. The kernel has no idea what a
remote NFS (or other network) file system will support, because it
depends on the file system on the remote server.

Hence my point in the initial mail saying this would be nice to have a
solution for.

Possibly some of the people working on the next NFS protocol revision
(or similar protocols) read this and add appropriate requests to the
protocol.

The NFSv3 and NFSv4 protocols already contain such support.
NFSv2 implementations which also support the MOUNTv2
protocol can also support this facility too, I believe.

ps