Re: [patch 5/7] make netfilter use strict integer types

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 20:05:40 EST

David Miller wrote:

Disagreed, I think we should have done what Arnd is doing
a long time ago.

Ending up with linux/types.h in userspace for these kinds of
interfaces is already a fore-gone conclusion, it happens
already whether you like it or not.

And existing apps will work just fine, since they are already
getting stdint.h

As for compile time, since you're already getting linux/types.h
in your apps it's a non-argument. But even if it was, what
are you compiling netfilter utilities on? A VAX?

I take it that you're OK that we merge Arnd's patchset?

-hpa