Re: Some user feedback on recent Intel chipset and 2.6.29 KMS

From: Eric Valette
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 14:10:36 EST

Eric Valette wrote:
> Dave Airlie wrote:
>> See if the attached patch helps resume, there are also some other patches
>> queued for Linus in my drm-fixes tree. I sent the pull req earlier.
>>

> Thanks for the quick anwser.
>
> I will test the individual patch as soon as I get back home and report.

NB: the patch by itself missed an include for the prototype of the new
function called on resume.

Once I included the relevant drm include file it greatly improved resume
behavior: I managed to suspend at least once which has been impossible
for months (as soon as I entered an endless "catch up run" (fuite en
avant in french) due to a debian experimental libdrm package upgrade)).
However, it froze at second attempt.

> For the earlier pull, I will probably wait until its available in a
> 2.6.29-rc6-gitx and report. Do you want separate reports or testing the
> whole stuff?

I saw Linus integrated it so probably tomorrow...

Of course the "refresh" problem is still there as the patch is only for
resume path...

-- eric