Re: btrfs: warn_slowpath in clean_tree_block and others

From: Chris Mason
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 13:37:03 EST

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 23:02 +0000, Hugo Mills wrote:
> This is essentially a repost of a mail I made last week, to which I
> didn't get a reply.

Sorry I missed replying to this one last week, thanks for resending.

> I'm getting huge numbers of kernel warnings whilst using
> btrfs. They're all "warn_slowpath", and all seem to be in
> fs/btrfs/disk-io.c. I've included one typical example at the end of
> this mail.
>
> Kernel versions are 2.6.29-rc2, -rc4 and -rc6.

The warnings look like i386, exactly what hardware is this? Is your
kernel compiled for SMP or UP?

The warning you're getting is that clean_tree_block expects this block
to be locked, and giving out a warning because it is showing up as
unlocked.

So, hopefully you're on a UP kernel and my test for a locked spinlock is
broken in that config.

-chris