Re: [Bug #12401] 2.6.28 regression: xbacklight broken on ThinkPad X61s

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 20:16:22 EST

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 11:16:47PM +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:

> I think if it works without DRI in 2.6.27 and doesn't work in 2.6.28,
> it isn't a configuration error, but a real regression.

It only worked by accident without DRM support, since you were using the
ATI codepath in the firmware rather than the Intel one. That bug's been
fixed, so now you're following the Intel codepath - unfortunately
there's no way to do that without kernel-level graphics support, which
means DRM.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx