Re: [GIT PULL] x86: more header untangling

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 13:55:35 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
constants can be considered data types too.

Huh, that's a pretty broad definition of "type", to the degree that's its fairly counter-intuitive and misleading. But I don't care that much.

Small inlines are borderlines,
they should generally not be in _types.h headers. Really, _types.h headers
are only there to instantiate a type, to enable dependent inline methods
to use them.

In this case the inlines are the accessor functions to do the pte_t <-> pteval_t (un)wrapping. They're trivial and have no dependencies apart from the types they're right next to.

Anyway, check out git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git x86/untangle now. I had to merge in tip/x86/paravirt to get the pte_flags changes I made there, and unfortunately it didn't merge completely cleanly, so there's probably some spurious changes in there. I guess I can respin it into a clean branch.