Linux Compatability Website for PCs Laptops & Hardware

From: Mike Lothian
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 17:27:23 EST

Hi

I was wondering if there are any sites out there with an up to date
list of Linux friendly laptops and hardware.

I know there are sites like Phoronix that review hardware based on
it's compatibility but it would be nice to have a site that is
dedicated to promoting hardware and computers that are fully Linux
compatible or have Linux as a default installed option.

Also advice on who to avoid and who aren't offering full solutions ie
binary blobs with no OSS alternatives ( ie some wireless cards and
graphics chipsets)

Does anything like this currently exist? If not are there any plans to
do something similar? Dedicated to telling us who we should be
spending our hard earned cash with.

On a side note if someone can recommend a good desktop replacement
laptop (that looks quite pretty - ie not IBM) and the best supported
netbook, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers

Mike