Re: [PARAVIRT/x86] BUGFIX: Put a missing paravirt_release_pmd inpgd_dtor

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 12:01:25 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alok Kataria wrote:
As it affects only VMI, instead of adding another callback, i have
hooked on the paravirt_pgd_free call for vmi to release the pgd page.
Below is the patch. I will run some overnight tests with this patch and
get back if there are any errors.
I'd forgotten that I'd already added pgd_alloc/pgd_free. So, yes, just use pgd_free.

Can i take that as an Acked-by?

Yeah. Though:
/*
+ * We hack the pgd_free hook for releasing the pgd page.
Its hardly a hack to use a hook for exactly its intended purpose...
+ */
+static void vmi_pgd_free(struct mm_struct *mm, pgd_t *pgd)
+{
+ unsigned long pfn = __pa(pgd) >> PAGE_SHIFT;
+
+ vmi_ops.release_page(pfn, VMI_PAGE_L2);
+}
+

Acked-by: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy.fitzhardinge@xxxxxxxxxx>