Re: [kernel] Question about 2.6.28 kernel

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 11:36:28 EST

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Alex wrote:
> Thanks for reply. Here is the post, it appears when i try to write into
> kernel memory. :

Thanks for the Oops. But again, you might have to share a little more
information, either here on lkml on with the security team. I'm no kernel
developer but I wonder *what exactly* are you doing to produce this Oops.

> Pid: 3887, comm: insmod Not tainted (2.6.28 #2) HP Pavilion dv2700

Which module did you just insert? Is it your own trying to write to kernel
memory? Can we see the source of that? However, since you're are root
anyway to load this module, you can of course do all kinds of shenanigans
to memory and the kernel might just Oops rightfully so.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #17:

fat electrons in the lines