Re: PCI PM: Restore standard config registers of all devices early

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 17:49:28 EST

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 14:05 -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Well, I don't think anybody wants to (or necessarily has the ability)
> touch ACPI internals.

Somebody has a rough idea of what underlying kernel support ACPI uses ?
I know from discussions with Len that it's mostly mutexes... timers
too ?

It might end up being trivial to make it safe to call early with
interrupts off with the trick you mentioned, since it's really just the
same as boot as you mentioned.. ie, it's actually safe to take mutexes
etc... since we -know- no other CPU is running and we aren't scheduling
etc...

Ben.