Re: 2.6.28 headers break kbd and net-tools userspace builds

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 16:13:31 EST

David Miller wrote:

There isn't anything we can really do about these cases.

No matter what we do, we break the userland build in one way or
another.
What exactly is the purpose of the kernel headers? Are there some definitions in the kernel headers that will never be available from glibc? Is it perhaps possible to work towards exporting kernel headers for the sole purpose of building glibc, and all other packages should be able to build against glibc's headers?

Andrew Walrond