Re: What should PCI core do during suspend-resume? (was: Re:2.6.29-rc3: tg3 dead after resume)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 20:14:14 EST

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I thought the _DSW thing is common for setting up wakeup, but _PSx is not.
> But I have not looked at many ACPI tables in my life. I try to active
> avoid it if I at all humanly can.

Doing a quick grep on my laptop seems to confirm that. No actual _PSx
things found in any acpi tables at all that I can see.

And on a mac mini, there are _PS3 entries that _look_ like they are
connected to the IDE controller and the realtime clock, but it looks like
they don't happen for the PCI devices.

But again - I may have screwed that up. ACPI tables are not my favourite
data structure.

Linus