Re: Switching from (deprecated) IDE driver -> SATA (PATA support)

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Jan 30 2009 - 05:23:47 EST

> what was the problem with these? I have somthing in this family in one of
> my secondary boxes (I'd have to go check exactly which model)

343/363 don't work unless you use the alternate access via the BAR4
register range and leave BAR0-3 alone. That means you can't use the
standard IDE setup helper logic with them.

366 and later (which is almost certainly what you will have) replace this
with a different collection of errata which are handled by both sets of
drivers.

Alan