x86's nmi_hz wrt. oprofile's nmi_timer_int.c

From: David Miller
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 18:59:10 EST

While working on an NMI watchdog implementation on sparc64
I noticed what seems to be a peculiar behavior of the NMI
timer int oprofile support on x86.

When the NMI watchdog tests itself at boot timer we start
with nmi_hz equal to HZ.

After the NMI watchdog self-test passes, nmi_hz is reduced
down to '1'.

The NMI timer int oprofile support simply uses DIE_NMI notifiers for
it's implementation. But I don't see anything in the code of
arch/x86/oprofile/nmi_timer_int.c nor the NMI watchdog infrastructure
which will re-adjust nmi_hz back to HZ or something similar.

Am I missing something?