Re: Creating the RT git tree

From: Jon Masters
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 17:54:50 EST

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 17:15 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 14:07 -0800, john stultz wrote:
>
> > git log -r origin/linus..origin/rt/threadirqs
>
> Ok. So perhaps it's the branch creation during:
>
> git checkout -b threadirqs origin/rt/threadirqs
>
> Because yeah, that does show what I want. This is weird. Is there some
> git expert who can tell me why I'm seeing linus merges in my local
> branch? My local branch should be simply the same as the remote one...

Bah. I think I was just fat-fingering something. Ok, so it does actually
work if I do this:

git log master...threadirqs

or replace master with $whatever. Ok, that's really what I wanted. It
would be nice if a branch could be setup without all the merge history
builtin - that's supposed to be in the rt-master and so forth
branches...but whatever.

Jon.