2.6.26.8-rt13

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 00:10:16 EST

We are pleased to announce the 2.6.26.8-rt14 tree which can be
downloaded from the following location:

http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/

Information on the RT patch can be found at:

http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

Changes since 2.6.26.6-rt13

- don't disable interrupts in ide ata code on RT (Steven Rostedt)

- backport hex fix in ftrace (Carsten Emde)

- fix trace histogram warn on (Thomas Gleixner)

- fix ftrace preempt count recording (Carsten Emde)

- disable SCHED_HRTICK (Thomas Gleixner)

- fix typo in tasklet_hi_action (Adam Sampson)

to build the 2.6.26.8-rt14 tree, the following patches should be applied:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/patch-2.6.26.8.bz2
http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/patch-2.6.26.8-rt14.bz2

And like always, my RT version of Matt Mackall's ketchup will get this
for you nicely:

http://people.redhat.com/srostedt/rt/tools/ketchup-0.9.8-rt3

The broken out patches are also available.

****** COMING SOON !!! COMING SOON !!! COMING SOON !!! *******
****** COMING SOON !!! COMING SOON !!! COMING SOON !!! *******

The RT git tree is almost ready! It is currently based off of 2.6.28,
until it becomes a little more stable. You can down load it now from the
git repo:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/linux-2.6-rt.git

It boots on x86_64. A few more patches still need to be applied, but the
majority of them have been incorporated. Work on the non x86 archs also
needs to be done.

Once the git tree is pretty stable I will release a 2.6.28-rt1 patch,
make a v2.6.28-rt branch and then go right in sync with the mainline
tree.

Feel free to download it now and give it a try. And you can send me any
crashes that you see.

-- Steve